Monday, 3 February 2014

I'm Loving....TK Maxx

My winter blues are officially over…I actually left the house for a change, which is a rare occurrence in the depths of winter, other than work, I generally stay indoors November through January.  I skulk about the house instead, enveloping myself in a fat duvet of stodgy winter fare, takeaways and chocolate.

I didn't do any of those things this weekend as it was actually sunny.  Sunshine is like my Prozac, so goodness only knows why I love the UK so much, as these British winters are just way too 'suck the life out of you' depressing!

As we were both full of the joys of spring we got loads of spring cleaning done, and some DIY that we were meant to do last weekend but didn't as we both had the plague.  All this activity means the bathroom post I was working on is not quite finished, so instead I thought I'd share some recent home ware hauls with you from TK Maxx and HomeSense (that's TJ Maxx and HomeGoods across the pond).  

There is nothing I love more than passing the time perusing their often bizarre, yet totally covetable stock.  I'm totally convinced BeyoncĂ© the Metal Chicken was indeed purchased at a HomeGoods store, now you can't get cooler or more bizarre than that now can you?  I truly believe the trick is to go often, same as charity shops, as you never know what you'll fine from one day to the next, I keep looking for my very own metal chicken, but alas, no joy!

I settled for some metal deer antlers instead, a total bargain at £14.99, considering this bad boy weighs a ton, and it's an amazing place to hang hats or necklaces, or both in my case.  This works perfectly with the theme I have in my head for our master bedroom, rustic woodland retreat with a modern twist.     
Deer Antlers
I'm horny!
The husband has a thing for hats!
Next up, I found these delightful little blighters, they are also metal, very heavy and substantial and a total steal at just £6.99 for a pair.  I simply couldn't leave these behind.  



I have been collecting Vintage furniture since I moved, to eventually get tarted up somehow for our newly decorated rooms, so how could I resist these 6 glass knobs for just £7.99, I have seen similar knobs for 3 times this price, so these babies had to come home with me.


glass cupboard knobs, vintage cupboard knobs
Shiny Knobs!

I also found this really on-trend grey storage box for just £5.99, can't wait to find this beauty a home, we shall see where this ends up!

Boxing Clever!
I got these beauties right before Christmas, it's such a shame I never actually got around to decking the halls this year as they match my usual go-to festive colour scheme of black and silver perfectly.  I'm going all-out next year I promise.  The reindeer was £12.99, is really sturdy and is about 30 cm tall.  The baubles were £2.99 each and are really cool mercury glass-esque.


Mercury glass baubles, christmas statue, christmas reindeer
What is it with me and horned things?

That's all folks!  There was so much more I had to leave behind as I had ran out of beans…I didn't take any pictures foolishly, so I can't share the amazing grey snowflake patterned argyle woollen comforter or the ginormous Christmas wreath made out of tiny jingle bells that I saw, I wish I'd bought them, credit limit be damned!

This shop feature-ma-bob has been percolating around the old brain for some time, and I was thinking to try to make it a regular thing, so here's hoping I can keep finding great stuff!

Till next time…Keep shopping! 

P.S.  If I lost you with the metal chicken reference…you must head on over to Jenny at the Blog
gess, just follow the link and this will literally make you cry with laughter, as will the rest of her blog.

P.P.S. These views are my own and TK Maxx and their affiliates don't know me from Adam!

2 comments:

  1. You scored a LOT of loot. Nice finds. Of course, it is sad you didn't find you chicken. I nearly wetted myself reading that account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would keep reading the Bloggess, such irreverent and hilarious posts!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...